Yes, garlic is harmful for the liver if you take it in a large quantity, Several studies have shown that garlic contains a compound called allicin, which when taken in large quantities can cause liver toxicity.
We welcome you to garliccare, here we try to answers all you question about garlic and how to grow garlic, plant garlic, and garlic recipes. But this article or guide will talk about “is garlic harmful for liver”?
- 1 IS GARLIC HARMFUL FOR LIVER?
- 1.1 10 Harmful Side Effects of Garlic That You Should Know
- 1.1.1 1. Bad for the liver
- 1.1.2 2. Side effects of eating too much garlic!
- 1.1.3 3. worsens vaginal infections
- 1.1.4 4. Diarrhea
- 1.1.5 5. Nausea, vomiting and heartburn
- 1.1.6 6. Bad smell or Odor
- 1.1.7 7. Bad bleeding
- 1.1.8 8. Not good for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- 1.1.9 9. Causes dizziness
- 1.1.10 10. Induce perspiration
- 1.2 BENEFITS OF GARLIC IN A DIET
- 1.1 10 Harmful Side Effects of Garlic That You Should Know
IS GARLIC HARMFUL FOR LIVER?
Yes, to some extent Several studies have shown that garlic contains a compound called allicin, which when taken in large quantities can cause liver toxicity.
10 Harmful Side Effects of Garlic That You Should Know
Here are the 10 harmful side effects of garlic that you should know and take precutions when taken garlic in any form
1. Bad for the liver
The liver is an important organ in our body because it performs various functions such as cleansing the blood, metabolizing fats, metabolizing proteins and removing ammonia from our body. Several studies have shown that garlic contains a compound called allicin, which when taken in large quantities can cause liver toxicity.
2. Side effects of eating too much garlic!
Have you ever thought that garlic can also cause serious health problems? Garlic is a common cooking ingredient in all Indian households to enhance the taste of food. It is used as a medicine for the treatment of various health problems. Eating raw garlic or eating too much garlic can have serious side effects on the body. Read on to know more.
3. worsens vaginal infections
Avoid eating garlic for vaginal yeast infections, as it can irritate the soft tissues of the vagina and make yeast infections worse.
Eating garlic on an empty stomach can cause diarrhea. Garlic contains gaseous compounds like sulfur which play an important role in initiating diarrhea.
5. Nausea, vomiting and heartburn
According to a report published by the National Cancer Institute in the United States, eating fresh garlic on an empty stomach can cause heartburn, nausea and vomiting. According to a report published by Harvard Medical School, garlic contains certain compounds that can cause GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
6. Bad smell or Odor
Eating too much garlic can cause bad breath. The main cause of bad smell is the sulfur compound in it.
7. Bad bleeding
Garlic is a natural blood thinner, so we should not eat too much garlic with blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin etc. This is because the combined effect of blood thinners and garlic is dangerous and can increase the risk of internal bleeding.
8. Not good for pregnant and breastfeeding women
Pregnant women or nursing mothers should refrain from eating garlic at this time as it can cause pregnancy in pregnant women. Breastfeeding mothers should avoid it as it affects the taste of milk.
9. Causes dizziness
According to experts, eating extra garlic can lower blood pressure and cause a number of related symptoms.
10. Induce perspiration
In various clinical studies, prolonged consumption of garlic can cause excessive sweating.
BENEFITS OF GARLIC IN A DIET
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
By Joe Leech, MS on June 28, 2018
Recently, science has confirmed many of the benefits we can drive from garlic in our health. And this benefit can only be when you consume garlic and this is where you add it to your diet or eat it in any way.
Moreover, consider garlic recipe is an important secret to your healthy life. Find below some of the major health benefits you drive from garlic by including garlic in your diet:
- Garlic had compounds having great power, influence, or effect medicinal properties.
Garlic plant is among of onion family and contains compounds like sulfur which science believed it gives or brings health benefits
- Aside from the very good nutritious garlic maybe it also as very few calories.
Garlic is very nutritious with low calories, and one clove of garlic that is (3grams) of raw garlic has the following potent medicinal properties of our daily value.
- 2% of Manganese
- 2% of Vitamin B6
- 1 % of Vitamin C
- 1 % Selenium
- 06 grams of Fiber and
- Calcium, C
- Garlic in a diet can heal sickness like the common cold
- Garlic included in the daily diet can improve cholesterol level, hence lowing the risk of getting heart disease. Garlic can lover the total and LDL cholesterol, garlic is recommended for those with high cholesterol
- The active compounds in garlic mention earlier can help in reducing blood pressure.
- Due to antioxidants that garlic contains may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Garlic can also help in a long life.
- Including garlic in a diet for athletic might increase their performance.
- It’s also proven that garlic may help in improving Bone Health
- When you eat garlic you may be able to detoxify heavy metals in your body
- Finally, garlic taste very delicious and it is easy to add to a diet
Garlic can be used in many diets like savory dishes, soups, sauces, and many more, and for many years science has believed garlic has a lot of medicinal properties which has confirmed now.
- CAN I EAT RAW GARLIC BEFORE BED?
- HOW DO YOU EAT GARLIC FOR INFECTION?
- HOW MANY RAW GARLIC CLOVES CAN I EAT A DAY?
- HOW MANY CLOVES GARLIC A DAY?
- WHEN SHOULD I EAT GARLIC MORNING OR NIGHT?
- WHEN SHOULD I EAT RAW GARLIC?
- HOW TO GET RID OF THE SMELL OF GARLIC FROM YOUR BREATH
- HOW LONG DOES GARLIC STAY IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM?
- WHAT DOES PUTTING GARLIC IN YOUR EAR DO?
- DOES EATING RAW GARLIC BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?