how do you like mashed potatoes? mashed potatoes are easy to come by and easier to prepare too, but our regular mashed potatoes are often not with either garlic or any other herbs. this garlic recipe of garlic mashed potatoes will focus attention on adding garlic to our regularly mashed potatoes for great taste and also improve our health as the benefit of the garlic being added.
We welcome you to garliccare, here we try to answers all you question about garlic and how to grow garlic, plant garlic, and garlic recipes. But this article or guide will talk about garlic mashed potatoes.
Regular mashed potatoes are not interested anymore to me while as butter and salt are great but not just what am expected for me to like them because that what is in my mind is the adding of fresh garlic to my list when preparing potatoes at home or for the family.
And not fresh garlic alone but If I get fresh chives or other herbs that will be compatible with garlic I will also see to that I add them.
INGREDIENTS FOR PREPARING MASHED POTATOES
- 2 pounds your favorite white or yellow potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- Salt, pepper
- Chives and/or parsley to decorate
This Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe is designed to serve 4 – 6 people at a table so if you want to serve more people at a table then the ingredients of this recipe must increase.
Preparing Garlic Mashed Potatoes will take you up to just 45 minutes to finished, which is an ideal time for you to hold your hunger and wait. It does not waste much time to prepare.
METHOD OF PREPARING GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- First is to Peel and chop all the potatoes roughly.
- You have to Boil some water in a large saucepan or cooking pot and add salt.
- Here is to Cook the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, you have to get all the ingredients you will need ready.
- Here Sauté the garlic with the chives or other herb for a few minutes in butter and put it in a large mixing bowl.
- After the potatoes are being cooked, drain and put them in the bowl with the garlic.
- Next add the rest of the butter, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- It will be so much easier if you use an electric mixer
- Blend them until you are happy with what you are expecting or with the end result.
- Finally, Decorate it with chives and parsley.
WHAT TO SERVE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES WITH
Garlic mashed potatoes are the great served side with a steak or grilled chicken.
BENEFITS OF GARLIC IN A DIET
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
By Joe Leech, MS on June 28, 2018
Recently, science has confirmed many of the benefits we can drive from garlic in our health. And this benefit can only be when you consume garlic and this is where you add it to your diet or eat it in any way.
You may want to ask: Is garlic a vegetable, what do you think
Moreover, consider garlic recipe is an important secret to your healthy life. Find below some of the major health benefits you drive from garlic by including garlic in your diet:
RELATED GARLIC RECIPES:
- AWESOME GARLIC AND BROCCOLI SHRIMP DELIGHT
- EXTREMELY DELICIOUS GARLIC SOUP
- HOW TO PREPARE THE SOIL FOR GROWING AND PLANTING GARLIC
- BETTER THAN RESTAURANT GARLIC BURGER
- AWESOME CREAMY GARLIC & VEGGIE CASSEROLE
- Garlic had compounds having great power, influence, or effect medicinal properties.
Garlic plant is among of onion family and contains compounds like sulfur which science believed it gives or brings health benefits
- Aside from the very good nutritious garlic maybe it also as very few calories.
Garlic is very nutritious with low calories, and one clove of garlic that is (3grams) of raw garlic has the following potent medicinal properties of our daily value.
- 2% of Manganese
- 2% of Vitamin B6
- 1 % of Vitamin C
- 1 % Selenium
- 06 grams of Fiber and
- Calcium, C
- Garlic in a diet can heal sickness like the common cold
- Garlic included in the daily diet can improve cholesterol level, hence lowing the risk of getting heart disease. Garlic can lover the total and LDL cholesterol, garlic is recommending for those with high cholesterol
- The active compounds in garlic mention earlier can help in reducing blood pressure.
- Due to antioxidants that garlic contains may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Garlic can also help in a long life.
- Including garlic in a diet for athletic might increase their performance.
- It’s also proven that garlic may help in improving Bone Health
- When you eat garlic you may be able to detoxify heavy metals in your body
- Finally, garlic taste very delicious and it is easy to add to a diet
Garlic can be used in many diets like savory dishes, soups, sauces, and many more, and for many years’ science believed garlic has a lot of medicinal properties which has confirmed now.